Last Updated March 29, 2021
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share the Information We Collect
- Third Parties
- Information for California Residents
- Information for Subjects of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Information
The terms “we,” us,” “The Basketball Doctors,” and “TBD” refers to The Basketball Doctors LLC, a Limited Liability Company located in Southern California.
Information We Collect:
TBD collects personal information to facilitate your use of the Services. “Personal information” means information that identifies or is reasonably capable of identifying an individual, directly or indirectly, and information that is being associated with an identified or reasonably identifiable individual.
Personal Information That We Collect Directly from You
TBD collects the following categories of information directly from you. When you input exercise and fitness data through the dashboard, the following information will enter Exercise.com’s databases. Exercise.com is a third-party partner that provides a platform for TBD’s users to track their progress, measurements, and exercise regimens.
Information Collected – Purpose of Collection
Email and Full Name – We collect your email and full name to allow you to sign up for a TBD’s account and sign up for our newsletter.
Credit Card Information – We collect your payment information to allow a third-party processor to process payment for any one of TBD’s programs.
Collecting health measurements, weight, BMI, systolic blood pressure, body fat percentage, resting heart rate, waist size, thigh size, bicep size, and other biometric information. – We collect measurements solely for your personal use, as a user, to track your progress and exercise regimens through a platform offered by TBD’s third-party partner Exercise.com.
Phone Number – We collect your phone number in order to provide a download link to our mobile application.
Bank Account Information – We collect your bank account information so that our third-party processor can process payments securely.
Other Account Information – We collect your other account information so that you can link other nutritional applications to the TBD’s dashboard, which is provided by our third-party partner Exercise.com
Full name, email, phone number, full address, height, weight, gender, profile image, birthdate – We collect this information solely to create your online profile, which is visible only to you and in order to help you track your progress.
Email Address – We collect your email address by partnering with Mail Chimp in order to send you subscription newsletters, which you can unsubscribe at any time.
TBD is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for, any of the third-party platforms it allows users to report content from. Currently, the platforms where the TBD’s mobile application and website can be used are Exercise.com, Plaid, and MailChimp. For information on Exercise.com’s Privacy Policies, please visit https://www.exercise.com/privacy-policy. For information on Plaid’s Privacy Policies, please visit https://plaid.com/legal/. For information on MailChimp’s Privacy Policies, please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Information
TBD takes reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Information held by us is accurate with regard to the purposes for which it is to be used, and is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it is to be used.
How We Use Your Information
The Personal Information we collect and the practices described above are done in an effort to provide you with the best experience possible, protect you from risks related to improper use and fraud, and help us maintain and improve TBD’s mobile application and website. We may use your Personal Information to:
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements. TBD processes your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Protect the security and integrity of our services. TBD uses your Personal Information to further enhance the security of the TBD’s mobile application and website and its supporting databases.
- Provide you with customer support. TBD processes your Personal Information anytime that you reach out to our team with issues arising from your use of TBD’s mobile application and website.
- Optimize and enhance TBD’s mobile application and website and future development. TBD uses your Personal Information to understand how TBD’s mobile application and website are being used to help us improve TBD’s mobile application and website and further develop the tool.
- Other business purposes. TBD may use your information for additional purposes if that purpose is disclosed to you before we collect the information or if we obtain your consent.
How We Share the Information We Collect
TBD will not share your Personal Information with third parties, except as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers. TBD may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers for business or commercial purposes. Your Personal Information may be shared so that they can provide us with services, including identity verification, security threat detection, customer support, data analytics, Information Technology, data processing, network infrastructure, and storage. TBD share your Personal Information with these service providers only so that they can provide us with services, and we prohibit our service providers from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any other purpose. Our third-party service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
- Research. Any research and analysis done or shared is solely with the intent to better the platform offerings.
- Third-party Partners. TBD is partnering with other third-party platform Exercise.com to create the physical therapy programs. Before any of your data is shared with any third-party, Exercise.com is required to sign a data sharing agreement that governs their use of your information. TBD does not intend on sharing information not related to your posts with any of these partners. All information shall remain completely confidential.
- Law Enforcement. TBD may be compelled to share your Personal Information with law enforcement, government officials, and regulators.
- Corporate Transactions. TBD may disclose Personal Information in the event of a proposed or consummated merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or similar corporate transaction, or in the event of a bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional Advisors. TBD may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors, including legal, accounting, or other consulting services for purposes of audits or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent. TBD may share or disclose your information with your consent.
Information for Nevada Residents
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. The Basketball Doctors does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits consumers who are California residents, to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law), if any, that we disclosed in the preceding calendar year to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Our disclosure requirements apply only if we share our consumers’ personal information with third parties for them to directly market their own products to those consumers, instead of assisting us with our own business. TBD do not share our consumers’ personal information with third parties for them to directly market their own products to those consumers.
Information for Subjects of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
This website may be viewed by members of the European Union, but is not targeted for use by EU persons. If you are an EU person, you should not provide any personal information to us through this website. This website is intended primarily for U.S. Internet users who are interested in The Basketball Doctors services.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 17. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 17. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 17 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, The Basketball Doctors takes steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
TBD seeks to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your information within our organization from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we use it. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem.
TBD may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers for business or commercial purposes. Your Personal Information may be shared so that they can provide us with services, including identity verification, security threat detection, customer support, data analytics, Information Technology, data processing, network infrastructure, and storage. TBD share your Personal Information with these service providers only so that they can provide us with services, and we prohibit our service providers from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any other purpose. Our third-party service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or our processing of your Personal Information, please feel free to contact TBD through the following: