Physical Therapy Evaluation:
During our one-on-one initial evaluation, we perform a detailed subjective interview, full body assessment and movement analysis with objective measures, and develop a tailored treatment plan specific to your goals and needs.
Upon completion of your evaluation, we will provide you of a summary of your assessment, and we will give you an individualized take-home exercise program (exercise/flexibility/mobility) with videos to help reach those goals.
Physical Therapy Follow-Up Sessions:
Upon completing the initial evaluation, we will come up with a game plan and recommended amount of physical therapy visits to get you back to playing basketball. We are not big fans of the 2-3x/week model, unless you have had surgery because it does not foster our client taking an active role in their health.
Every athlete and individual has a unique injury and should be addressed in an individualized approach, not a simple cookie cutter approach. Each follow-up visit will consist of 60 minutes one-on-one session with a Physical Therapist to address current impairments/limitations, and have “homework” to help facilitate the process. If you are in need of multiple follow-ups, we offer bundled packaging at a discounted rate.
Physical Therapy Services & Tools:
- Soft Tissue Mobilization/Manual Stretching
- Therapeutic Exercise Programming
- Functional Movement Training/Sports-Specific Training
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Joint Mobilizations
- Trigger Point Release/Active Release
- Myofascial Decompression (Cupping)
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM/Graston)
- Modalities (Heat, Ice, E-Stim)
- Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Taping (Athletic Tape, K-Tape, Leukotape)
- Pre-operative and Post-operative Rehabilitation
- Common Operations we treat daily: ACL-Reconstruction, Achilles’ Tendon Repair, Meniscus repair/Meniscectomy, ATFL-Reconstruction, & Hip/Shoulder Labrum Repair
- Return to Sport Programming
- Injury Prevention Program
- Return to Jumping/Plyometrics
- Movement Re-training
What To Expect:
Our in person physical therapy sessions consist of one-on-one treatment with a Doctor of Physical Therapy for at least 60 minutes. You will not be passed off to an assistant or technician to do any exercises. We value your time, and have seen significant improvements when the client spends 100% of the time with a physical therapist.
We currently treat at clinics in Newport Beach and Manhattan Beach, CA; however, we offer individual or group services throughout greater Los Angeles, Orange County, and South Bay.
Don’t have time to come in? We offer concierge services in which we come to you!